Saturday, May 5, 2012

WAR 2.0: WAR Upgraded on Baseball-Reference.com

http://www.sports-reference.com/blog/2012/05/war-upgraded-on-baseball-reference-com/

Holy cow, I would have completely missed this if a friend hadn't casually mentioned it yesterday afternoon.

See comment 3:

Dr. Doom Says: 
May 4th, 2012 at 11:34 am

I'm also intrigued that Matt Kemp now led Ryan Braun by only .1 WAR last year... that's a HUGE difference from what the old calculation did... which I believe had them separated by 2.5 WAR.

I wonder how it will impact a couple of things I've written about recently:

THURSDAY, APRIL 26, 2012 Willie Mays and NL CF WAR Fielding Runs 1951-1968

War On WAR.

Next time you hear someone on TV mention WAR ask yourself whether that person has any idea what the heck he/she is talking about.

Baseball-Reference made a change later in the day:

WAR 2.01: Renaming ndWAR to afWAR

Yeah, right.  I'll make a point to remember that next time ndWAR comes up.

No comments: