Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Revolving door rosters on steroids.

M & M Boys, revolving door rosters, copy cat management and rooting for the laundry. Sunday, December 1, 2013

As a fan I'd like at least some core players to play most if not all of their careers with the team I root for.  Having supplemental players is part of the deal but I'd like at least some of them to remain for at least 4-5 years.  Despite their flaws I had gotten comfortable with Swisher and Granderson.  I understand that the team needs fresh blood but I'm very concerned that all teams are entering a period when fan interest in individuals will receive very little consideration.

_________________________

I just read that Troy Tulowitzki has been traded from Colorado to Toronto. That might be good for Toronto but I'm not sure it's good for Tulo, Colorado or baseball.

No trades during the season. Thursday, July 9, 2015

I don't know how I could state this any more simply or directly.  There should be no trades during the season.  Put another way: 
trading should end the day before opening day.  Trading may begin again during the next off season.  The more anal among you may try to parse some ambiguity in this but there is none.  No trades during the season.
________________________

No comments: