The first three established players below are strictly two month rentals. Their contracts expire after the 2015 season when they become free agents and can sign with any team.
Any fans who bought tickets for games after July 31 should get a full refund. If they were so entitled, maybe this practice would diminish.
David Price 2012 Cy Young award; free agent after 2015
- July 30, 2015: Traded by the Detroit Tigers to the Toronto Blue Jays for Jairo Labourt (minors), Matt Boyd and Daniel Norris.
- July 31, 2015: Traded by the Detroit Tigers to the New York Mets for Luis Cessa (minors) and Michael Fulmer (minors).
- July 26, 2015: Traded by the Cincinnati Reds with cash to the Kansas City Royals for John Lamb (minors), Cody Reed (minors) and Brandon Finnegan.
- July 31, 2015: Traded by the Philadelphia Phillies with Jake Diekman and cash to the Texas Rangers for Jorge Alfaro (minors), Alec Asher (minors), Jerad Eickhoff (minors), Jake Thompson (minors), Nick Williams (minors) and Matt Harrison.
Scott Kazmir three time All Star; free agent after 2016
- July 23, 2015: Traded by the Oakland Athletics to the Houston Astros for Daniel Mengden (minors) and Jacob Nottingham (minors).
Never trade a somebody for a bunch of nobodies. Saturday, August 1, 2015 8:55 AM