- Signed starting pitcher and 2012 Cy Young award winner David Price.
- Traded for relief pitcher Craig Kimbrel:
- November 13, 2015: Traded by the San Diego Padres to the Boston Red Sox for Logan Allen (minors), Carlos Asuaje (minors), Javier Guerra (minors) andManuel Margot (minors).
- Re-signed starting pitcher Marco Estrada.
- Signed starting pitcher A.J. Happ.
Note: Blue Jays had David Price for the final one third of the 2015 season.
- Traded for reserve outfielder Aaron Hicks:
Traded lefty relief pitcher Justin Wilson:
- November 12, 2014: Traded by the Pittsburgh Pirates to the New York Yankees for Francisco Cervelli.
- December 9, 2015: Traded by the New York Yankees to the Detroit Tigers for Luis Cessa (minors) and Chad Green (minors).
Traded pitcher Adam Warren:
- December 8, 2015: Traded by the New York Yankees with player to be named (SS Brendan Ryan) to the Chicago Cubs for Starlin Castro.
|2016||26||New York Yankees||$7,857,143||5.150|
|2017||27||New York Yankees||$9,857,143|
|2018||28||New York Yankees||$10,857,143|
|2019||29||New York Yankees||$11,857,143|
|2020||30||New York Yankees||*$16,000,000||$16M Team Option, $1M Buyout|
|Earliest Free Agent: 2020|
Traded another catcher who will likely start and will pay Brian McCann $17 million again for the third of his five years to be the Yankee catcher.
Yanks removed two pitchers from their bullpen.
Added an outfielder who does not hit home runs.
If the season started tomorrow, I'd say that the 2015 American Conference East champion Blue Jays would be favored to repeat with the Red Sox as their primary competitor. The Yankees will start one fewer player 32 or older (Castro) but still field a very old team, which has three starting pitchers who were on the disabled list in 2015, plus another who had Tommy John surgery in 2014 and ... CC Sabathia who finished 2015 overweight and in alcoholic rehab.
Rooting for the Yankees is like rooting for Dumb and Dumber. Bumber. Friday, December 11, 2015
If anyone thinks that they know where the heck the Yankees are headed, please notify air traffic control immediately before there is a crash landing.
What the heck is going on?
Did Rob Refsnyder personally insult Brian Cashman or one of the four Steinbrenner Kids? Is there a plan for Refsnyder, like return him to the outfield, or are they simply intent on ruining his career?