Saturday, November 27, 2010

Jeter is getting worse.

NY Times reports Jeter wants $25,000,000 for each of SIX seasons.

The problem is that the Yankees offered too much to begin with, both in time and money. Jeter's position is silly.

What's the best offer he can get from another team, a specific team? Max time two years. Max money $10,000,000 and I doubt that.

Cashman should forget Jeter and concentrate on Cliff Lee. Let Jeter see how many other teams are rushing to sign him. I never thought I'd side with a team like this but Jeter has me pissed off. I'm really shocked at his behavior.

As far as negotiating positions, all Jeter needs to do is tell his agent to bring him a contract. That's what Paul O'Neill did. Paul wanted to remain a Yankee and didn't worry about the money.

And all this junk about rewarding Jeter for past contributions: I thought that's what he got with $189,000,000 over ten years.

In this economy very few fans will look at $15,000,000 for each of three seasons as a bad offer for a guy who is old and fading.

We want Troy!

No comments: