Team sports really means baseball, football and basketball, the only sports that count.
Why constitutional amendments? Obviously, the dominant professional organizations (MLB, NFL, NBA) have not understood the urgent need for fundamental reform. Constitutional amendments will provide the much needed framework for the reforms. The professional leagues will then need to change their rules to conform.
1. Regular season games must end within two hours. Playoff games may have an additional 30 minutes for overtime.
2. No overtime in the regular season.
3. No trades during the season.
4. Arenas must be dry.
5. Temperature must be reasonable for the sport.
6. Teams in a division must play the same opponents the same number of times.
7. Teams must play at least 66% of games in division.
8. Divisions must have at least six teams.
9. Replays must appear on the large screen in the arena at the same time they are broadcast.
10. Players may not unload on other players.
11. Playing areas must be uniform.
12. No pre-season games.
13. The entire season including playoffs may not exceed 180 days.
14. No common player draft.
15. Playing rules must be the same for all teams in a league.