|Tony La Russa April 1, 2007 by shgmom56, Barbara Moore|
via Wikimedia Commons
1. pitchers do not throw at each other
2. there are reputations that are backwards; for instance, Early Wynn was nice, not mean, and probably would not knock down his mother
3. the three meanest post World War II pitchers are Pedro Martinez, Don Drysdale and Jim Bunning.
4. there is probably a bias against sidearm pitchers.
5. there is probably a bias against right handed pitchers; recent evidence suggests that pitchers tend to hit batters of the same handedness more often; see previous post.
Meanness Factor: how to determine if HBP is intentional. Saturday, August 20, 2011
St. Louis Cardinals: