Sunday, November 22, 2015

Derek Jeter: TURN 2 FOUNDATION INC. financial statements.

My friend Paul sent this link:

https://www.citizenaudit.org/341847687/

I'm not familiar with this Citizen Audit group.  If someone would like to submit a responsible financial analysis, I'll post it here at my Radical Baseball blog with the author's byline.  Here is some of what I learned in 2014:

Derek Jeter's Turn 2 Foundation: who profits? Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Commissioner Allan Huber "Bud" Selig had a ceremony yesterday and presented Derek Jeter with a check from the league for Jeter's Turn 2 Foundation: $222,222.22...

I think most teams that donated gave $10,000.  I wonder how they feel about being double tapped: giving on their own and having Selig give more of their money?

For some perspective the Yankees have paid Jeter $268,000,000.  That's more than a quarter of a billion dollars...

So the link turn2foundation.org merely redirected me to:

http://derekjeter.mlb.com/players/jeter_derek/index.jsp

Notice it's a Jeter page under mlb.com.  Do other players have special pages with their own "shop" that produces profit for the player? ...

If we click on FINAL SEASON SHOP, we can buy Jeter Junk...

How many of the teams that donated knew that their area would not benefit unless it was the Yankees, Mets or Rays?

Jeter's father ran the Turn 2 Foundation originally.  Now Derek's sister runs it.  Derek's mother is also a board member...

Has anybody analysed the Turn 2 Foundation?
_____________________

No comments: